Hire a Bot
RPA Bots are still a very expensive technology. As of 2019, there are zero open-souce enterprise grade RPA platforms. Of course, efforts have been launched by Microsoft and other foundations to create a fully free and open source RPA platform, but we do not have to wait till then.
Enter the cloud bots — specifically, the Bot-as-a-service (BaaS) delivery model for RPA. When bots and Automation are delivered as a service in the cloud, it runs on a network of remote servers instead of inside a company’s server room. Once access is provided, cloud bots can work on machines within your network.
Hiring a bot
You can hire a bot as and when you need it. In many business scenarios workload increases periodically. For instance at the beginning of the month, or end of the quarter and end of the year and so on. If we have a pre-configured bot ready to deploy when workload increases it’s an example of hiring a bot, this is analogous to hiring temp staff.
Another case - You have number of small tasks you want your bot trained on. Once trained, we notice that if sequenced right, your work would occupy just one bot everyday. In that instance, you could go about hiring just one bot.
Benefits when you hire a bot maintained by Integra
- Your RPA service provider patches, manages, and updates the software several times a year
- You don’t have to buy a new software license as you would otherwise have to do with an on-premises system
- Cloud automation can reduce both operational expenses
- Control CapEx by not having to invest in massive IT infrastructure
- It eliminates the need for your company to purchase software and hardware
- No need to hire additional IT staff.
- These resources can instead be invested in new business opportunities
- Your organization is always up-to-date on the most recent Automation software
- As a CTO you can shift your focus from managing IT to more value-added tasks such as innovation and growth.
How will you be charged?
- You will be charged on a usage basis. There are many options. For example,
- Per bank transaction processed
- Per document handled
- Per minute of bot usage
- On occasion if your process requires customization per your instructions, we would charge a one-time bot development fee. This is because our bot developers have to spend time writing new code to instruct the bot to handle your specific cases